Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SPACER WOMAN: Charlie


So I was shirt shopping and just whatever about the music in the store, and then with a clap clap clap on comes this tune, I'm like whoa, this sounds like some Newcleus Crew jam i never heard, on that old Bronx rockin' electro tip, but then there is this woman's voice with a tape wobble effect on it, sounding kinda like a mix between Kate Bush and Ari-Up from The Slits. The song ends up being like 7 minutes long, and im kind of a sucker for short songs, but this track kept me entertained all 7 minutes, its repetitive, but not redundant, I definitely have some heart for italo disco, long/dancy/sexy/spacy, i can thank the Sydney Confirm DJ's and the Electro Chemists for that. So here it is, I'd say it's an excellent bridge track because of all the space between verses, a good track to mash up some alternate vocals with as well, don't get me wrong though, this is definitely a dance floor heater at the right time and place, depends upon presentation and execution of the song. do it do it! (Oh and i ended up finding this fucking sweet faux leather hooded jacket and an aqua green t-shirt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment